Frequently Asked Questions About Our Artificial Christmas Trees
Is a tree stand included in my purchase?
Yes. A tree stand is included in the same box as your tree.
How do I order a print catalog of your beautiful trees?
You can email us here or call our toll-free number: 800-962-1010
Are your trees lead-free?
Yes! We purchase all our plastic pvc materials from an American supplier in the United States. Our plastic does not contain lead or any other hazardous material.
Are your trees flame retardant?
Are your trees made in America?
Yes! Christmas In America artificial Christmas trees are 100% made in the U.S.A. by our family owned and operated manufacturing plant in Newburgh, New York. In addition, all materials used to manufacture Christmas In America Christmas trees are made in the U.S., with the exception of the wire, which is purchased from Mexico. All sheeting, poles, brackets, and cartons are purchased from U.S. manufacturers. Tree stands are imported from China because they cannot be purchased in the U.S., and we do offer a small selection of pre-lit trees also imported from China.
Why are your tree prices higher than your competition?
Christmas in America trees are larger and fuller than most other trees which are imported from other countries. When comparing diameters, branch tips count, and weight, you will notice that our tree specifications and weights are significantly higher than other manufacturers and retailers, even those made by our competitors in the U.S. Because our trees are made in the USA, production costs are much higher versus foreign manufacturers. We are proud to support American workers by keeping our manufacturing operations in the United States.
What is the advantage of purchasing a non-pre-lit Christmas Tree?
All tree lights are made in China and most likely contain lead, which is a health concern, particularly for small children. In addition, lights eventually burn out and need to be replaced during the lifetime of the tree. It can be very difficult to replace the lights on a pre-lit artificial Christmas tree. We offer a small selection of pre-lit trees at the request of our customers.
Why donít you make more hinged trees?
Christmas in America trees are much fuller and heavier than the average imported hinged tree. Hinged trees break more frequently from the weight and the entire tree must be returned to the vendor for repair ( if repair service is available ). In 2011, we introduced two new hinged trees that are slimmer and lighter weight, allowing for less stress on the hinged parts. These lighter weight hinged trees were designed at the request of our customers.
Do you sell replacement parts for your trees?
Yes! We, as an American manufacturer, offer replacement parts for all trees under warranty. This is a significant advantage for a Christmas In America tree owner. Owners of trees purchased overseas or from a strictly online retailer cannot easily obtain replacement parts for their trees.
How do I store my Christmas In America Christmas Tree to make sure it looks great year after year?
For hook-on style trees:
- All 7, 7 1/2, 9, and 10 foot trees come with an additional storage carton, allowing you to store panels in their natural shape, thus eliminating the need to re-shape each year
- Remove all lights and ornaments before storing
- Working from bottom to top, remove each branch, pressing branches against stem
For trees without an additional storage carton that need to fit back into original carton:
- Place in carton with longest branches on bottom
- Store carton away from heat in a cool, dry place
For hinge style trees:
- Store tree away from heat in a cool, dry place
- Remove all lights and ornaments before storing
- To reuse carton for storage, close branches against stem
- Save time in future assembly by storing your tree with sections open to eliminate reshaping. Turn tree sections upside down and tie sections closed or wrap in a blanket
What is the warranty on my tree?
Christmas In America warrants its trees against defects in material or workmanship as follows:
- For a period of 5 years from the date of original purchase, Christmas in America will, at no charge, repair or replace defective parts of product.
- Limited warranty applies to all components and parts of the product.
- This limited warranty does not cover damage resulting from accident, misuse, abuse, negligence, or normal wear
- This limited warranty is valid only in the United States
- This tree is for indoor use only. Any other use will invalidate the warranty
- Keep away from heat and moisture
To obtain warranty service: You must notify Christmas In America by mail, the nature and description of the defect, enclosing Proof of Purchase, either the Sales Receipt or Bill of Sale, date of purchase, name of store or company from which purchased, and price paid. You will then be instructed as to what part or parts of the product you should ship, pre-paid, to Christmas In America for replacement or repair.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
What is the return policy on my tree?
Returns must be made within two weeks of receipt of product and must be accompanied by a copy of the sales receipt. The full purchase amount, minus shipping costs, will be reimbursed within four weeks. All return shipping costs and insurance must be prepaid by sender.